I’m a photo-processing novice and I need some advice. Please!
Here’s the situation:
- I have almost 600 images to print for my “50 Paces Project” (www.flickr.com/groups/50paces)
- They have mostly been submitted via Flickr, so they vary in resolution and size, but let’s assume most are at least 4″x6″ and 72dpi
- I’m printing 40mmx90mm (which is about 1/2 sized)
- I need to have printed this week, so I don’t have much time to experiment
- The print shop which will be doing the printing needs me to deliver PDF versions w/ crop marks
Here’s the question:
- how do I maximize resolution and quality in the final image?
The problem is I’m a complete novice w/ Photoshop, so I was thinking open in illustrator, resize, insert crops & save as PDF. But I’m wondering if there is another step or another process that would get me a better quality print.
Any suggestions would be considered GOLD!!!