22 Reasons why a 21 hour bus ride was worth it
- Jumping on the 9pm bus Thursday night gets you out of the Windsor-Quebec City corridor before Via Rail and the 401 are shut down for the National Day of Action.
- Fresh croissant for breakfast in Montreal.
- The ability to stretch our legs in Kingston, Montreal, St. Foy, Rivière-du-Loup, Edmundston, Fredericton before arriving in Saint John. Hey, we even got to line up again for a fresh new bus each time.
- Plenty of time to read. In fact, time to finish 3 minibook expo books.
- Not pushing yet another Porcher-car to the breaking point on the way down and suffer the consequences on the way home.
- It wasn’t a 22 hour bus ride
- No driving. Not on the highway. Not to and from the shore. (Thank you Sandy) Not even across the river to the island. (Thank you dad)
- Arriving rested enough to cook a tasty supper, visit with friends and enjoy some great music our first night home.
- Wild Strawberries! (Even though we had to miss the Strawberry Supper due to inclement weather.)
- Friends who sailed, drove, and paddled over to see us.
- New chicks and turkey-lings to watch learn about free-ranging and to shoo away from the BBQ. (Time for that when you are bigger my little birdies.)
- Fresh BBQ baked bagels for breakfast.
- Kayaks and a big beautiful river to kayak around in.
- Sipping coffee by the fire first thing as the sun rises over the trees.
- Sunshine and … rain (and by extension plenty of naps!)
- Learning to bagpipe on the beach.
- Introducing a new generation to the joys of seaweed fights.
- Too much whiskey & wine and just the right amount of story telling, table pounding and lies.
- The verdant green of the island. The intense blue of the river. The glowing orange and reds of the sunsets. (and the new camera that let me photograph them.)
- Because we got to fly back.
[ Photo index by row:
1. Gerry and some Baggage., 2. Montreal by bus, 3. Gerry on Bus #2, 4. Music By The Fire, 5. Enjoying the Music
6. Island Ger, 7. Wild Strawberry, 8. Damsel, 9. Bagel Stick, 10. Postcard Shot,
11. Wishing For a Little Breeze, 12. Unlearn ™, 13. Gerry @ the Breakwater, 14. Hand Geyser, 15. Too Sharp For Beach Glass,
16. Ger & Dani, 17. In Lieu of Blogging, 18. Pseudo-Focaccia, 19. Bagel Epaulet, 20. Caged Like a Chick,
21. The Point, 22. Last Ride, 23. Look West, 24. Home From Above, 25. TO Bound