Now I find this particular meme to be amusing simply because, as bloggers, we are inclined to over-share to start with. If there is something I haven’t already splashed all over your RSS reader in some form or another, it’s probably because I’m not comfortable sharing it. You don’t really want to read about the truly dark stories from my childhood, and I sure as hell don’t want to write about them. So what trivial and yet enticing things can I spill that will keep you coming back for more? But things that most of you don’t know… that’s hard.
8 things you don’t know about me (probably)
- I have a Bachelor of Mathematics from Waterloo in Combinatorics & Optimization with Electrical Engineering Electives. However I didn’t take all the Engineering courses because… well, they were damned hard and I am pretty lazy. I took theatre courses instead.
- I am Canadian. Seriously, I’m fourth generation and if you follow another line much much more. We’ve been from around here since before you white guys showed up. And it pisses me off when people ask “No really, where are you from?” Because, really, I’m from here. But the little bit of Scots in me still likes boys in kilts.
- I used to work in a strip club. ‘Nough said.
- I made my grade 7 math teach cry and run out of the class room. I just asked when she was going to teach something I didn’t already know. I got moved ahead in math the next day. It wasn’t all that much more challenging, but there were cuter boys so I didn’t raise a fuss.
- I was the best man at my best friend’s wedding, a maid of honour at another wedding and a flower girl at least once. But I have still managed to avoid attending a wedding shower or stag/doe of any kind.
- My grandfather and great-uncle (different sides of the family) used to run the NCC, so every time I get lost in Ottawa’s green belt I blame them.
- I took ballet for 6 or 7 years, including 2 summers of Ballet Camp at Mount Allison University. This is in no way related to the strip club factoid.
- I grew up with a mentally retarded step brother, so I don’t think you’re all that witty when you call something “retarded”.
Hey! That’s 8. Right on… that wasn’t all that hard.
So, do you feel like you know me any better now?