In an attempt to embrace the “freedom” that is entrepreneurship and get me away from my computer at least once every two weeks, Plethora Press has instituted a Second Friday policy. That means that, starting today, I will be taking every second Friday off throughout the summer.
In celebration of my first Second Friday, I have deemed today “Cupcake Day”.
Why Cupcake Day?
Those of you who know me, know I’m not a huge desert person, give me a bag of doritos or a bottle of gin any day. However, over the last 2 months cupcakes have been creeping into my consciousness:
- First were the cooking magazines with cupcakes on the covers of two of our food magazines.
- Then my cousin emailed me asking for my favourite cupcake recipe (I don’t have one because I generally don’t do cupcakes).
- The very next day I get a spamail telling me that Martha will be making Cupcakes on her show ALL WEEK. So I tune in mid-day just to see if I can get some tips for my cousin. There she is, Martha making cupcakes with the author of a cupcake book… and the next day she’s at it again with another cupcake maker.
Cupcakes, cupcakes everywhere, and not a one to eat!
The worst part is that every time I think of cupcakes I think of The Cupcake Shoppe (yes, shoppe) at Yonge & Eglinton where they do they most beautiful displays of cupcakes in the window. Sometimes with 3-dimensional flowers and butterflies and… (oh dear, my girliness is showing)
Suffice it to say they put food porn in their window. In Their WINDOW! And I have never tried them because I have never, ever, ever, found the justification to fork over $13 for 6 cupcakes.
However, today is the day. Cupcake Day.
Cybelle and I are heading up to The Cupcake Shoppe. We’re going to buy a 6-pack, head to a park somewhere and eat cupcakes in the sunshine. With a little photographing too of course.
Happy Cupcake Day every body!
Toronto Cupcake Articles:
- Sarah Hood’s Great Toronto Cupcake Hunt
- Chowhound’s best cupcakes in toronto?
- Barry Hertz’s Cupcakes – The next generation
- A Vehicle for Brown Sugar‘s Cupcake Challenge: Yonge and Eglinton
- Bed and Breakfast Toronto‘s Cupcakes in Toronto!
- Thoughts and Distractions‘s Cup Cake Quest – Toronto?
Hell, New York even has a Cupcake Finder