Yes I did! I used chipotle marshmallows from Bobbette & Belle to make s’mores!
When Matt, Sarah and Allyson discussed making Chipotle Marshmallows for Matt’s twisted Tacos de Mole dish at the last Secret Pickle Supper Club, I couldn’t get the thought of using them for S’mores out of my head.
So when I saw a little pile of marshmallows left over after the dinner I snagged a small stash of them for marketing and experimentation purposes… i.e. playing with food with friends.
The proportions were off in the s’more since I needed thinner chocolate or bigger marshmallows (or both). But they were still damned tasty!
On the off chance you don’t know how to make a S’more, here’s the recipe:
- graham cracker
- start your fire (everyone in Canada knows the best way to start a fire, and why what you are doing is wrong.)
- separate 2 graham crackers per serving, and put one piece of chocolate on ever second cracker
- put your marshmallow on the end of a stick
- roast it until golden, or burning, over an open flame
- put your hot marshmallow on a graham cracker and chocolate stack, then immediately top with the second cracker.
- Squeeze the two crackers together to help melt the chocolate and remove the stick while leaving the marshmallow in that yummy yummy sandwich.