Some people call it “the party twitter built”.
Some people call it “a kick-ass party”
Some people call it “Me and 600+ of my closest friends”
Some people call it “a remarkable examples of a hyper-connected social media movement using the power of self-organizing online groups to make a real world difference.”
Techvibes called it “social networking for a cause”
Queen Rania of Jordan cited it as an example of online activism making an offline difference
Daily Bread Food Bank calls it their “3rd highest 3rd Party Fundraising event”
I am almost required to contact everyone I know to see if you are 1. coming, and 2. able to help us help the world suck a little less.
So… if you can help us help Daily Bread help make the world suck a little less, please get in touch.
Here are the easy ways to help:
- buy a ticket ($35) and come to the party
- buy a sponsorship (they start at $250 which comes with 4 or more tickets, so you can do it as a group or get your company to pony up)
- donate a prize for our Raffle & Hangover Auction – I’m looking for prizes, gift certificates, prize packs starting at $150
- donate 4 wearables for our Geek Wardrobe Prize Packs – 2 Men’s Large, 1 Women’s Large, 1 Women’s Medium – tee-shirts, hats, scarves, watches ;->
- start a swear jar and donate the proceeds
- or come up with a brilliant new idea and talk to us about how you can help, ping email@example.com
Daily Bread sent this out on Wednesday:
With a shortfall of 140,000 pounds of food and $85,000 from the Fall Drive, Daily Bread is looking to raise 1.2 million pounds of food and 1.2 million dollars by January 4 in order to ensure that food continues to go out over the winter months to families struggling with hunger.
We need your help, because they need our help.
Just by taking one of these small actions, we as a community can make the world suck a little less!