Last night was the Taste Canada Gala. Celebrating Canada’s top cookbook authors. it was a who’s who of Canadian food.
Needless to say Travel Bunny popped out and took it upon himself to make some friends.
In addition to old friends like Sarah B Hood and Alison Fryer, Travel Bunny cuddled up to:
- Mairlynn Smith, Taste Canada/CBC People’s Choice Award winner for The Vegetarian’s Complete Quinoa Cookbook
- Naomi Duguid who won Taste Canada Best Regional/Cultural Cookbook for Burma: Rivers of Flavor.
- Martin Picard, winner of Taste Canada Best French Language Single-Subject cookbook for Cabane à sucre Au pied de Cochon: Le sirop d’erable. Picard.
- Ricardo Larrivée Taste Canada nominatee for La mijoteuse : de la lasagne à la crème brulée.
- Suzanne Husseini Taste Canada nominatee for Modern Flavors of Arabia: Recipes and Memories from My Middle Eastern Kitchen.
- Dufflet Rosenberg of Dufflet Pastries
- Vanessa Yeung of Aphrodite Cooks
- Konrad Ejbich, man about wine & youtuber
- Mardi Michaels of eat. live. travel. write.
- Cindy La of Oliver + Bonacini
- oh, and me. Martin Picard grabbed me (no, not that way) since he assume I wanted in the photo too, Mardi grabbed the camera and boom – Me, Martin & Travel Bunny! (Yes, I giggled in delight.)
These will all come out separately in the yet-to-launch Travel Bunny Turns 25 series but in the meantime I thought you might get a giggle out of the “nice” shots. The “silly shots” will be reserved since last night Travel Bunny stepped over a line and he’ll never be able to cross back.
In the meantime, I present: