Contest Now Closed
In celebration of S. Pellegrino Young Chef 2015 competition, San Pellegrino has given me a $300 gift certificate for dinner for 4 at Susur Lee’s Lee Restaurant to give away to one of you. Well, one of you who is brave enough to tell me about your Chef Obsession.
Tell me about your favourite Canadian Chefs – each chef you tell me about gets you another entry in the random draw. You don’t have to know them personally, but you do need to tell me something about them and why you are obsessing over them (or they are your favourites).
Right now I’m obsessing a little about last night’s winner in the S. Pellegrino Young Chef competition – Chef Paul Moran. Paul is from CMH-K2 Lodge in Nakusp, BC, and prepared “Blood Pigeon, Smoked and Roasted, Beet Jus and Charcoal Oil, Polenta and Salsify”. In fact, he prepared it twice. Once in the Canadian semi-finals against 10 young Chefs from across Canada, and then again in the finals where 3 Chefs recreated their dishes for one last round of judging.
My interest in Paul isn’t creepy though. Honest! You see, before he heads to Milan to compete in the finals for S. Pellegrino’s Young Chef, Paul will be competing in the Black Box Challenge at Toronto Taste on Sunday June 7th supporting Second Harvest. (I don’t think Paul knew this when this photo was taken.)
As you probably know, I’m Co-Chair of Toronto Taste again this year. Thus my extra keen interest!
Besides, after last night’s event I’m kind of obsessing over these guys too:
Okay, now the CONTEST!
Chef Obsession Contest – How to Enter (aka the hoop):
Tell me about your favourite Canadian Chefs:
- in comment below in the original contest post on unsweetened.ca
- OR via twitter in reply to this post with the hashtag #SPYoungChef #ChefObsession
- OR in the comments for this post on unsweetened.ca’s Facebook Page
- Yes, you can enter through multiple social media spaces, but you only get one entry per Canadian Chef you mention no matter which method you use.
- Yes, if you post one comment telling me about 4 of your Chef obsessions, you get 4 entries.
- Entries need to “tell me about” the Chef, so just listing names will not get you entries.
- For the purposes of this contest “Canadian Chef” is defined as a professional Chef who is Canadian OR a professional Chef currently working in Canada.
- $300 Gift Certificate to Lee Restaurant in Toronto, courtesy of S. Pellegrino Young Chef Competition
- Can live anywhere in Canada, but must be able to come to Toronto to use the gift certificate
- will be selected Friday February 19th, 2105 through a random draw from all the people who jumped through the hoop.
- Will be contacted February 19th.