We hit the road around 9am after a quick Tim Horton’s breakfast stop on Hawthorne road.
- On to Montreal and we missed most of the rush hour traffic, though it was still pretty active at 10:30am.
- Cool meander through Montreal. Stopping for a brief stint in Westmount. Back to the highway under old stone arches and on old asphalt roads.
- Through Montreal by 11:30 and only missed one turn off. Pretty impressive for a pair of people easily distracted by shiny things such as… the long bridge in Quebec City (or was that the green bridge?)
- Quick stops for didgeridoo practice, water in and out breaks, and
driver-swapping. We made excellent time through Quebec. Though some pieces of the TransCanada are pot hole nightmares.
- Big discussion on the difference between a Fleuve and Riviere near Riviere du Loup. Which built into a discussion on the differences between brooks, streams, and rivers. No resolution anywhere to be found.
- Attempted to grab a quick meal on the road in Cabano – failed miserably.
- Back on the road…
- Around 7:30 Ontario time – 8:30NB time stopped at the Edmunston fast food strip. Our options quickly diminished as we realized that the “family restaurant” was having a Karaoke night and Dooley’s didn’t serve food. We ended up having dinner @ McDonald’s.
- Back on the road Peter had to navigate us out of the parking lot since my beginner level abilities to drive a standard were insufficient for the task. Felt like a weenie!
- Arrived Saint John 11:45pm local time.
- Welcomed graciously by some woman down the street who gave us the right address for Dimc and Moda… who then welcomed us graciously.
- Wine, Rum and Dates were consumed by all as a bedtime snack.
Total travel Time approximately 15 hours.