not one for pushing Xmas over the November border, in fact I rarely
start shopping until Dec 22. However, the combination of media prattling on about the consumerism of Christmas and ers‘ recent holiday toonage post got me thinking about my love of holiday toonage.
Yes, I admit it, I LOVE the Xmas Music. I sing along in stores. I use
to join in on the group carol sing every morning in high school (when
PC still was a political party). I tune into the Xmas radio station
all of December and I dance around to it baking cookies and singing at
the top of my lungs.
So when I read Kate’s post about her favourite holiday tune, I realized I’ve always wanted to compile a playlist filled with my favourites.
I’d start with:
- Good King Wenchlessness (sp!)
- Santa Baby (Eartha Kit not Madonna)
- Beuford’s getting nothing for Xmas cuz Beuford’s been nothing but bad (modified after Beuford the dog killed & ate the Xmas turkey)
- Kermit’s One More Sleep ’til Xmas
- Let It Snow
- It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
- Winter Wonderland
- The Holly & The Ivy
- Please Come Home for Xmas
- I’ll Have a Blue Xmas Without You
- I’m Only Getting Half Of What I Oughta ‘Cause My Birthday Comes on Christmas
- and my new favourite: A Christmas Without Weed – Shawn Colvin
Of course one tune that will never, ever, ever, be on my playlist is the one about the kid who tries to buy shoes for his dying mom. You know the one, it starts out as just a sappy country tune but it progresses to something that will wrench tears from the hardest of hearts. And not in a good way.
song is like crack for Christmas addicts. Thank goodness I’ll never be
one of those. Now, where did I put my Frosty-The-Snow-Sweater?
Help me build the definitive Holiday Toonage List — Tell me your favourite Xmas/Holiday tunes.