I’ve been tagged by skysearcher to do the 5 Thing meme – so now I “have to” share 5 things you don’t know about me. This is more than a little challenging since some of “you” have known me almost exactly 26 years. Which is longer than some of “you” have been around. Let’s give it a go….
- Okay, I have known my best-friend for 26 years and 1 week. Here’s how we met: I had completed my first week of driver’s ed and being a keener I took my book with me to my regular babysiting gig on Saturday night. But I forgot it. So the next day I went over to pick it up. Answering the door was this cute boy and all I could think was “Oh crap! There goes my babysitting gig!” And I was right.
- OH! My best-friend is a guy! That counts as another one right? Most people think that is odd (which I think is really odd…) I’m counting it! Now don’t go thinking When Harry Met Sally on me. God, that movie pissed me off. Think more… um… some movie where a girl finds out she has a brother. (Why does that search bring up so many results that finish with “who is also insane”? No, don’t answer that!)
- I always have a hard time with the Myers-Briggs personality test. I sit firmly on the fence between E/I and T/F categories depending on how the test is given, the questions are phrased and how detailed the evaluation is. (And likely my mood that day.) I threw one session leader into hair-pulling frustration when he asked what I would do if I found a wounded deer in the woods as a way to break the Thinking/Feeling tie. Without intending to be difficult, I found a way to answer that covered both response patterns. There’s never been a questions about the N&P part though.
- Let’s see… what can I say for #4? I often forget names, but I have a horrendously good memory for all the little intimate tidbits that people share with me, (and I work really hard at not sharing them). I knew my friend had found the right man when she told him he should just ask me about her university years.
- 5 – hummm… oh, I started traveling by myself when I was 5. Which leads into the story of the Born-Again-Christian-Lady forcing the little-girl-travelling-alone-on-the-airplane to convert mid-flight. I think she called it “Joining The Mile High Club”. Even at the time I knew she’d gotten that one wrong!
So, how about you? Consider yourself tagged if you read this entire thing. Give me a good tidbit or two!