So, now that my id has been stolen and I’ve canceled all my credit cards, I have to deal with the potential identity theft. Canceling and replacing all the identification that’s been stolen.
It certainly raises a series of interesting questions:
- Does that mean I don’t exist right now?
- What if I decide not to reclaim my identity? Would any one notice?
- What if someone steals my identity:
- do they have to pay my bills?
- can I make them do my taxes? Please?
- do I get a brand new shiny identity? Please?
- I think I want to be Latin this time, I’ll be able to speak Spanish and get a better tan.
- During the reapplication for all this stuff can I tweak my identity?
I tell them that they’ve always had my birthday wrong, and I was really
born on February 3rd will I get a better birthday party? (Dad would
certainly corroborate this for me.)
- can I build a brand-new persona or two to facilitate my future activities as a spy? (oops… did I say that out loud??!??)
Hmm, perhaps this pickpocketing thing has opened the door for some new, exciting, overseas travel.