I’m not particularly big on sweets, but I found it impossiblee not to try almost everything at Sunday’s Foodie Meet Bake Off. Thank goodness for sharing!
All the entries were inspired, tasty and beautiful. I was seated between 2 winning entries which SOLD out early.
- Yasmin’s Sri-maican patties which won an Honourable Mention, and was the only savoury option available
- Lisa’s date cake with pomegranate compote, manchego ice cream and beer-caramel, which was stunningly presented.
Beside them were Joel Solish‘s True North Strong and Frees – cookie, maple and bacon – how can you go wrong? And Kristin Perez of Cake or Death’s St Lawrence Market cake – 1 metre of velvet cake with caramel pecan icing!
It didn’t stop there, it was impossible to take a step without finding another must-try delight. The entire Samovar room was filled with bakers, tasters and party-makers.
You know what? Just take a look:
Big shout out to all the participants and to Suresh & Andrea for pulling together yet another fantastic #foodiemeet event. As always: well planned and beautifully executed.
Blog Post Round Up
- Toronto Tasting Notes – Toronto #Foodiemeet Bake Off at the Samovar Room
- BlogTO – The Toronto FoodieMeet Bake Off
- CakeorDeath.ca – FoodieMeet Bakeoff!
- duhlicious – FoodieMeetTO Bake Off
- Get The Foodie 411 – And then, God created Bacon – #foodiemeet
- Le Sauce – sri-maican patties (and the scariest competition ever)
- stheory – my almond tarts, à la chez panisse
(if I missed your link, please add it below!)