Just tell me what you like about cranberries before Thursday at 5pm and you’ll be entered to win. It’s that simple!
I have 2 prizes each for 4 people so you can fill your car with your road trip buddies or even your family and head to Muskoka for your very own Foodie Adventure this weekend at the Bala Cranberry Festival!
You may even see us there, since we were given our own passport buttons and are going up on Sunday!
Here’s How to Enter (aka the hoop):
Tell me what you like about cranberries either:
- in comment for the original contest post on unsweetened.ca
- OR via twitter with the hashtag #ExplorersEdge
- OR in the comments for this post on Facebook w/ a link to www.explorersedge.ca or www.balacranberryfestival.on.ca
- OR in the comments for this post on Google+ w/ a link to www.explorersedge.ca or www.balacranberryfestival.on.ca
yes, you can enter once per social media space, but you MUST tell me a different thing you like about cranberries on each.
- all entries must be received before 5pm Thursday Oct 13th (EST) to be eligible
- First Prize: 4 passport buttons to the Bala Cranberry Festival and a bottle of Muskoka Lakes Winery’s Cranberry Wine. (Must be 19 years or older to win this one)
- Second Prize: 4 passport buttons to the Bala Cranberry Festival.
- NOTE: passport buttons are the equivalent of tickets, and will get you into the festival, on cranberry bog tours, into all the venues, and on the shuttle buses.
- will be selected Thursday after 5pm through a random draw from all the people who jumped through the hoop
About the Bala Cranberry Festival (Fri Oct 14- Sun Oct 16)
The festival has something for everyone with cranberry marsh tours, fresh culinary experiences, pancake breakfasts, local crafts, fireworks and entertainment. It runs October 14-16th and the passes are good for any day. The Muskoka region is famous for cottaging in the summer, but the fall colours are beautiful and in full bloom during the festival. We hope it would be a nice day-trip escape from the city!
What is a “passport button”
Rather than a ticket, you get a passport button which lets you on the shuttle buses and in the venues. Purchase of passport buttons supports local community groups and clubs.
Shuttle buses are available throughout the festival, to/from Johnston’s Cranberry Marsh, to/from Iroquois Cranberry Growers, as well as:
To/from Gravenhurst – pick up the bus at the Gravenhurst wharf – (Due North outlet)
To/from Port Carling – pick up the bus by the township office or at the Port Carling wharf
Parking is available at both the south and north ends of Bala – on Muskoka Road 169
Hours: Friday Oct 14th 9am-5pm, Saturday Oct 15th 9am-5pm (with firewords at 9pm), Sunday Oct 16th 9am-4pm.
This prize is courtesy of Explorers’ Edge which covers tourism for Muskoka, Algonquin Park, Parry Sound regions.
You can find Explorers’ Edge on Facebook as well at: https://www.facebook.com/ExplorersEdge