It’s time again vote in the Canada-wide GE Monogram® – Terroir Awards for Excellence in Hospitality.
These awards are aimed at inspiring, nurturing and celebrating excellence throughout the Canadian culinary industry. They are a great acknowledgement of the hard work and dedication to excellence so many people bring to the Hospitality industry which is often riff with challenges and pressure to compromise and conform. Where the difference between an excellent experience and a mediocre one is often only measured by a 3% increase in tip, an extra photo on Instagram or an extra two exclamation marks in a Yelp review.
You can vote/nominate one person in each of these categories:
- Outstanding Chef
- Outstanding Beverage Professional (Sommelier, Mixologist)
- Oustanding Service Professional (Manager, Service Staff)
Criteria for each award include:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the industry.
- Currently working in a restaurant in Canada that supports a regional culinary identity.
- Adheres to standards of excellence and service in hospitality as observed by industry and consumers.
- Has contributed to the industry through education, collaboration and mentorship.
- Is recognized by their peers for their leadership and innovation and their contribution to the field of hospitality in Canada.
- Upholds standards of sustainability by supporting local producers, artisans and businesses.
Winners will be announced at Terroir, the 7th Annual Hospitality Symposium, taking place on April 8th, 2013 at Acadian Court in Toronto.
Last year’s winners of the GE Monogram® – Terroir Awards for Excellence in Hospitality
- Outstanding Chef – Chef Ryan Crawford, Stone Road Grille, Niagra-on-the-Lake
- Oustanding Service Professional – Virgilio Vea, Food & Beverage Director, Langdon Hall, Cambridge
- Outstanding Beverage Professional – William Predhomme, Snr Sommelier, Canoe, Toronto
It would be nice to see a little more coverage of these awards beyond the Ontario borders. To make that happen, word has to spread so that more people from all across Canada are nominating and voting for the folks who make their hospitality experiences outstanding.
I hope you’ll take a moment to share this, and to vote for the excellence in the industry we all know and love!