In celebration of this year’s S. Pellegrino Almost Famous Chef Competition, San Pellegrino has given me a $150 Gift Certificate to Chef Mark McEwan’s Fabbrica to give away to one of you. Well, one of you who is brave enough to tell me about your Chef Obsession.
Tell me about your favourite Canadian Chefs – each chef you tell me about gets you another entry in the random draw. You don’t have to know them personally, but you do need to tell me something about them and why you are obsessing over them (or they are your favourites).
I won’t judge, lord knows I have occasionally confessed to my own Chef obsessions here. For example, Chef Mark McEwan is certainly one of the Chefs in town who I admire. In addition to being a great Chef, supporting S. Pellegrinos’ Almost Famous Chef Competition, providing sold mentoring to his team, hosting Top Chef Canada, Mark is also a Second Harvest Ambassador and long-time supporter of Toronto Taste which I’m involved in running.
He’s also a really nice guy. I loved seeing him at S. Pellegrino Almost Famous Chef Competition making time to talk to each of the competitors. And even to pose with them if their parents were nearby and wanting to take a photo.
I’d probably even say I’m a fan since I start every conversation with him by awkwardly saying “Hi, you don’t know me but…” and generally being a little goofy.
Okay, enough about my Chef obsession… Your turn to spill.
Here’s How to Enter (aka the hoop):
Tell me about your favourite Canadian Chefs:
- in comment below in the original contest post on unsweetened.ca
- OR via twitter in reply to this post with the hashtag #AFChef13 #ChefObsession
- OR in the comments for this post on unsweetened.ca’s Facebook Page
- OR in the comments for this post on Google+
- Yes, you can enter through multiple social media spaces, but you only get one entry per Canadian Chef you mention no matter which method you use.
- For the purposes of this contest “Canadian Chef” is defined as a professional Chef who is Canadian OR a professional Chef currently working in Canada.
- all entries must be received before midnight Thursday March 14th, 2013 (EST) to be eligible
- $150 Gift Certificate to Fabbrica in Toronto, courtesy of San Pellegrino Almost Famous Chef Competition
- will be selected Friday March 15th through a random draw from all the people who jumped through the hoop.
- Will be contacted March 15th.