None of my smart phones will upgrade to the latest OS so it’s time for a tech upgrade. And I’m looking for all the Fanboys and Fangirls out there to weigh in. Tell me what you think, why you love (or hate) your phone. Why you hate (or love) the phones I’m considering, and what you think will suit. You are smart, you tell me what you think of my tech all the time and now I’m actually asking you what you think.
Of course I don’t want any of this “get the new cuz it’s the aw3somist!” silliness. Though I will happily listen to “I lovez my iphone cuz I can take killer instagram photoz of my cat and cheezburgerz”
Here are the 4 I’m considering: (one is included exclusively for you to slam… go for it.)
I make no promises that I will follow the majority but I do want your input.
Here are the things I care about in a smart phone:
- fast camera – fast to load, fast shutter, fast to store
- good camera – sharp, crisp, clear images. Don’t care how big
- intelligent data entry – I can’t spell so I need my device to make it easy for me, learn the unusual words I use like “lex” and “biryani”, don’t auto correct stupidly like “uop” for “up and “toop” for “too”.
- smart OS – I’m flexible, but I like my OS to work with me, not against me. I’m not tied to any OS, but want a phone that won’t instantly be out of the OS-update loop.
- fast and functional apps – priority on email, twitter, camera, and social.
- data – I want to be able to work fast and hard on my phone and that means writing, photos, social – data data data.
- hub – I want to be able to share that data w/ my other devices too. Yes I’m greedy.
- battery life – we all know I hang out on an island where everything is run on solar and we share the juice… I need long battery life or at least long battery life options. Hey, if it has a solar charger, all the better!
- oh ya, and I’d like to be able to make a phone call.
Things I care less about now than before: a keyboard. I’ve been happy with the HTC, Palm and the Motorola phones I’ve had with keyboards but I’m not using the keyboard very much any more.
Okay friends, let me have it!
What should I get?